The notices regarding Board Meetings are updated no later than the 10th of each month. Posting of "Use of Name" requests are done as needed. If you have any questions with regard to this information, please contact the Division at 303-894-7575.
The Banking Board meets the third Thursday of every month and with the exception of the Executive Session, the meetings are open to the public. A member of the public can
attend in person or watch the meeting via the GoToWebinar link listed below:
- Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/4172605259512165903
Agenda for Board Meeting 09/16/2021: Public Access will be via GOTOWEBINAR ONLY (Please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/4172605259512165903)
The bulletin lists applications from the previous month that have been approved by the Banking Board or the State Bank Commissioner via delegated authority granted by the Banking Board. Transactions remain on the bulletin until completed. Bulletins from the previous few calendar years are listed on the Archives page.
Hearings will be listed on the Agenda. They are not held every month and are conducted on applications for:
- De Novo Charters
- Money Transmitter Licenses
- Other items requiring action by the Banking Board
Use of Name Requests
The use of the words "Bank," "Trust," and "Trust Company" in any Colorado corporate filing is restricted by Sections 11-107-101 and 11-109-102, C.R.S.
- All requests for Use of Name must be approved by the Division of Banking prior to filing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- Requests filed with the Division will be posted on this page for a fourteen (14) calendar day period, during which the public may submit any questions, comments, or objections on the proposed name.
- Questions, comments, or objections should be directed to Jessica Kowalik at 303-894-7575 or Jessica Kowalik.
09-21-2021 - A Use of Name request was received by the Division to use the name "Riverstone Bank" (Eagle, NE) in Colorado. The fourteen (14) calendar day period for submission of comments or objections regarding these requests will expire on October 6, 2021. Questions, comments, or objections should be directed to Jessica Kowalik or 303-894-7575.
Townhall: Banking, Financial Services, Insurance & Economic Development for Cannabis Businesses
The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), with the Department of Revenue's (DOR) Marijuana Enforcement Division and the Department of Agriculture (CDA) held a virtual Townhall on December 16, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to discuss cannabis banking, financial services, insurance and economic development in Colorado. Please click here for the agenda. Please click here to access the recording of the Townhall.