Can address if about:
- Colorado state-chartered Commercial Bank
- Colorado state-chartered Trust Company
- Colorado licensed Money Transmitter
Cannot address if about:
- National Bank
- Credit Union
- Finance Company
- Savings & Loan Association
- Mortgage Company, Lender, or Loan Originator
The Complaint Process
All consumer complaints filed with the Division must be submitted in writing. When completing the form, please provide detailed information and fill it out completely.
Complaint Form (Word)
Complaint Form (PDF)
The following information is very important:
- The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom you have had contact. Include telephone numbers and addresses.
- A complete description of your complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve your complaint directly with the institution.
- Copies of any available documentation supporting your complaint and efforts toward resolution.
- Preferred resolution of your complaint.
Once your complaint is received by the Division:
- A referral letter is sent to the regulated institution, along with a copy of your complaint, and the institution is requested to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- Upon receipt of the institution's response, your complaint and the institution's response will be reviewed by the Division.
- Upon completion of this review, the Division will send you a response, copying the regulated institution, explaining our findings and resolution of the complaint.
Contact information for filing a complaint against a National Bank:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency